Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. Our lovely Customer Service Team are on hand should you have any other questions, concerns or feedback.
1. Why are grey/black markings appearing on my Portmeirion dinnerware? How can I remove them?
The glaze used on the Sophie Conran for Portmeirion range is extremely hard, harder in fact than many of the lower-grade metals that are used to manufacture cutlery, which can be quite soft (particularly stainless steel). In use, the hard glaze can abrade the cutlery leaving a deposit of metal on the surface that can look like a pencil mark. To remove the marks, Portmeirion advise using a product called ‘Bar Keepers Friend’ which can be purchased via the internet or in national stores. You could also try our Sophie Conran for Arthur Price cutlery sets, which are made of very high-grade steel that will not mark the glaze.
2. Is it possible to buy a replacement lid for my Sophie Conran for Portmeirion product?
Unfortunately at this time we are unable to offer replacement lids alone for our Sophie Conran for Portmeirion products as the pieces are only made as a full set. You may wish to contact Portmeirion's customer services for further information or support on 01782 743427
3. Where can I purchase Sophie Conran wallpaper?
For all wallpaper enquires please contact the fantastic team at Arthouse who manufacture and supply all of Sophie’s wallpaper ranges. You can reach them on 01706 230077 or email@example.com. They will be able to advise stockists, assist with samples and answer any general queries that you may have regarding the range.
4. Where are your Sophie Conran for Portmeirion products manufactured?
While the design, product development, packaging, marketing and sales teams are all based in the UK, we are proud to work with outstanding manufacturers around the world. The porcelain is made in China and is of the highest quality, not available anywhere else, and the glass is all hand-blown in Turkey. We endeavour to work with teams who can produce to our exacting standards, along with our partners Portmeirion Group PLC; "Our designers, testing lab and quality inspectors are based here in the UK to ensure all of our products meet our industry-leading quality standards."
5. Do you ship to countries outside of the UK?
With the ongoing global pandemic, the UK leaving the EU and due to the fragile nature of the majority of our products we have taken the decision to no longer offer international deliveries outside of the British Isles. We are however very happy to deliver to a UK based shipping company of your choice. You will need to ensure that your order is thoroughly checked at the point of delivery as we will be unable to accept responsibility for any damaged products past this point. Unfortunately we are unable to reccommend any specific shipping companies. Should you then wish to return an item our standard returns policy will apply. Should there be an item you wish to exchange - again we will only be able to deliver to a UK based shipping company
6. Do you offer trade discounts?
For any Trade queries please send an email with your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our lovely team will be in touch.
7. Can I purchase wholesale to sell on in my own store?
Should you be interested in ranging any of Sophie's collections in your own store you will need to set up an account directly with the relevant suppliers and manufacturers whose contact details are found below:
Portmeirion (ceramics): +44 (0)1782 744721
Arthur Price (cutlery): +44 (0)1543 257775
Burgon and Ball (garden product): +44 (0) 114 233 8262
T & G Woodware (boards and rolling pins): +44 (0)1275 841 841
Arthouse (wallpaper): +44 (0) 1706 230077
8. Products keep disappearing from my basket / When I get to the basket my products are not there?
This is a browser caching and cookie issue. This can easily be fixed by clearing your browser cache. Firstly take note of the web browser you are using on desktop or mobile device then follow the steps below:
Apple Desktop - Chrome
1. Press the Chrome button in the top left corner and select Clear Browsing Data...
2. From the drop-down menu select Obliterate the following items from: the beginning of time
3. From the selection of checkboxes ensure that the option Cookies and other site and plugin data has been selected then press Clear browsing data
Apple Desktop - Safari 9
1. Press the Safari button in the top left corner and select Clear History...
2. From the drop-down menu select all history then press Clear History
Apple Desktop - Mozilla Firefox
1. Press the Firefox button in the top left corner
2. From the left hand column select Privacy
3. Now from the History section press remove individual cookies and then scroll down and select sophieconran.com
4. Now press the Remove All button
Windows Desktop - Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) then Safety and Delete browsing history...
2. Deselect Preserve Favourites website data ,and select Temporary Internet files or Temporary Internet files and website files
3. Select Cookies or Cookies and website data then press History
4. Press History then click Delete. You will see a confirmation at the bottom of the window when the process is complete
iPhone / iPad - Safari
1. Select the Settings app
2. Scroll down and select Safari
3. Select Clear History and Website Data and confirm the action
iPhone / iPad - Chrome
1. Press the three dots symbol in the top left corner and then press Settings
2. Select Privacy then Clear Browsing Data
3. Ensure Cookies, Site Data has been selected then confirm this action by pressing Clear Browsing Data