We at Sophie Conran (SC4AH Ltd) are 100% committed to the protection and privacy of your personal data. We have explained below how and when your data is collected and how we use that information. Your details are safe with us at all times.
What data do we collect?
There are several different points at which we capture your details. These are when you:
- Create a customer account
- Place an order with us
- Contact our customer service team
- Sign up to receive a catalogue
- Sign up to our email newsletter / to receive a discount code
- Enter our competitions
We may ask for some or all of the following information at these times:
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your telephone number (which will only be used to contact you regarding your order or should you win a competition if entered)
- Your email address
- Your credit/debit card details (at point of order only, and please note this information is never stored)
The information that is collected helps us to provide the best possible service for you in the following areas:
- To create and manage your personal account
- To process orders and returns smoothly and efficiently
- To liaise with you regarding delivery and order information
- To answer any queries you may have
- To keep you advised of stock updates (if requested)
- To keep you up-to-date with our email newsletters, offers and catalogues
You, the customer have complete control at all times regarding the information we hold for you and can update your preferences at any time by contacting us by emailing email@example.com
The information that we receive is stored securely in accordance with the law and our internal security policy. Credit and debit card details are never stored
Data may be held for a maximum of 7 years, or as long as you continue to interact and purchase from us
Third Party Sharing
On occasion, we may share your data with third parties for the following reasons:
- To fulfil your order - your details will be passed to our warehouse for fulfilment but we may also need to share with delivery companies and couriers, credit card clearing agencies or other relevant suppliers in order to complete your order successfully.
- To keep you updated with the work of our lovely brand partners such as Peggy Porschen and The Real Flower Company, (full list available on request), who run various competitions and offers alongside us. You can choose not to hear from our brand partners within your preferences.
- We like to understand out customers' preferences in order for us to deliver the best possible experience and wo we may use some of your information for research or profiling purposes. Please note we will only pass on what is needed to perform that function.
- For third party mailings we work with the brilliant Abacus Alliance, who from time to time may send you mailings for products and brands that we think will really interest you. You can opt out of this at any time within your preferences.
Definition of profiling
The Abacus Alliance
We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers and charities. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors and travel categories. They share information on what their customers buy and Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers' wider buying patterns. From this information retailers can tailor their communications, sending customers suitable offers that should be of interest to them based on what they like to buy.
Transfer of data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
On occasion your data may be transferred outside the EEA The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU commission.
Updating your contact preferences
We keep in touch via our email newsletters, social media, Google and our gorgeous catalogues, which we send out approximately 3 times a year. The information we end includes our latest products, Sophie's delicious recipes, thoughts and tips, details of events Sophie is involved in, offers, competitions and sales.
There will always be an unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email newsletter that you receive.
You are free to update your contact preferences at any time by getting in touch with the customer services team. You can reach them:
- Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm)
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By live chat: There is a live chat box in the right bottom corner of our website, if we are not online you can leave a message and we will come back to you within 24 hours or as soon as possible following the weekend
If you would like to check the information and preferences that we have on file please don't hesitate to get in touch, we would love to help
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
These cookies are required to allow you to navigate around the website and allow you to access secure areas of the website such as the shopping basket and check out. User consent is not required for these types of cookies as they are strictly necessary for the website to be fully operational.
These cookies gather anonymous information about how you use our website, including the pages visited and if you received any error messages from website pages. These cookies don’t collect identifying information. All data collected is aggregated and anonymous, it is only used to improve how our website works.
These cookies remember preferences you have made on our website, such as language preferences or keeping you logged in to your account. This allows our website to remember selections you make and offer more personalised content. This information may be anonymised and it cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts that are relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert and help measure the overall effectiveness. We will ask for your consent to use these cookies, unless we have stated that they are implemented under legitimate interest.
Add to how to control your cookies/check if cookies are enabled
If you would like to opt-out of being shown third party interest-based advertising based on cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
SC4AH Ltd sometimes embeds photos and video content from websites such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from YouTube, Facebook or Twitter, for example, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. SC4AH Ltd does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the SC4AH Ltd now carries embedded 'share' buttons to enable users of the site to easily share articles with their friends through a number of popular social networks. These sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. SC4AH Ltd does not control the circulation of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
How to Check if Cookies Are Enabled:
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Options'
- Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content Settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Options'
- Select the 'Privacy' icon
- Click on 'cookies' then select 'allow sites to set cokies'
- Click the cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the preferences option
- Click on 'security and check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies''
- Click save
- Click on 'tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet Options', then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your privacy level is set to medium or below which will allow cookies on your browser
- Note, settings above medium will disable cookies
Safari on OSX:
- Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security' and then 'Accept Cookies'
- Select the 'Only from sites you navigate to'
Internet Explorer on OSX:
- Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
- Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving files
- Select the 'Never Ask' option
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX:
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' ay the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under 'Privacy and Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
- Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser and select 'Settings'
- Select 'Preferences' and then select the 'Advanced' tab
- Select 'accept cookies'
For all other browsers please consult your documentation or online help files